Soil Structure Enhancer
A light, fibrous, low odour organic matter ideal for use as a mulch or to aid the structure and health of the soil. This de-watered Soil Enhancer has light texture that easily crumbles, with similar properties and uses to mushroom compost. Although it has a small element of nutrition, its main use is to improve the physical properties and holding capacity of the soil.
- Similar properties and uses as mushroom compost
- Will add structure and aid drainage in heavier soils
- Improve water and nutrition holding ability and structure in lighter soils
- Adds organic matter to the soil which in turn increases the soil flora and fauna
Soil Enhancer is a sustainable by-product from a biodigester eco-power plant; ingredients used in the biodigester include maize, whole crop barley, whole crop wheat, chicken litter and potato waste.
Recommended rate of use
- As an additive to soil for planting, add 100mm on the top and incorporate. Therefore a dumpy bag would cover 7m2 and a cubic metre would cover 10m2.
- As a mulch onto existing beds, add the product at say 50mm, (Do not place directly against the growth points of the plants.) Therefore dumpy = 14m2 and cubic metre = 20m2.
- As an additive under new turf or seed spread at typically 25mm but can go up to 50mm if poor soil. Therefore dumpy = 28m2 and cubic metre = 40m2
Delivered in bulk bags. 0.7m3 per bag. Please see our Delivery costs page
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS MINIMUM TOTAL ORDER VALUE OF £100 FOR DELIVERY OF THIS PRODUCT.
These products can also be sold loose or in our refill bags when you collect from the Lawn & Landscape Centre or we can deliver in bulk loads on request. Please contact us for more information and prices.