Niwaki Red Shiso Seeds - Red Perilla
Adds colour and flavour to salads and pickles.
Derived from the mint family this deep purple herb notes hints of coriander, basil, liquorice, citrus and cinnamon. It is unlike any herb outside Japan so growing it from seed will be a great addition to your herb garden.
Shiso leaves contains phytoncides which is an antibacterial compound which used to be used to keep food fresh for longer.
Advice for seeding:
- Soak seeds upto 8 hours before sowing
- Germinate in warm, damp shaded soil
- Transfer to sun and plant 30cm apart
- Protect from frost
- Harvest young leaves from 8 weeks onwards
- Water the soil (not the leaves) when dry
- Poisonous to cattle and horses
2g packet containing approx. 700 seeds.